The 25th board of the Stichting PAC is constituted of seven students. The board consists of members from the four participating study associations: U.S.S. Proton, ACD, CDL, VCSVU. This ensures good communication between the study associations, teachers ad students of the different universities. The 25th board consists of:
- Nicole Oudhof - Chairwoman (ACD)
- Lydia Stiny - Secretary (VCSVU)
- Robin Coosen - Treasurer (VCSVU)
Committee of Recommendation
Each year, Stichting PAC is supported by a Committee of Recommendation. Each member of this committee supports the foundation by associating his or her name to the symposium, hence allowing the symposium to enjoy a certain official and trustworthy status.
The Committee of Recommendation for the 24rd edition of the PAC-symposium is as follows:
- Prof. dr. Henk Kummeling, rector magnificus of UU.
- Prof. dr. Floris Rutjes, president KNCV.
- Prof. dr. Emiel J.M. Hensen, chairman NIOK.
- Prof. dr. Carel Stolker, rector magnificus of Leiden Univeristy.
- Prof. dr. Vinod Subramaniam, rector magnificus of the VU.
- Prof. dr. ir. Karen I.J. Maex, rector magnificus of the UvA.
- Prof. dr. Eelco T.C. Vogt, Albemarle catalyst company.
- Prof. dr. ir. Wim van Saarloos, president KNAW.
- Drs. Feike Sijbesma, CEO DSM.
- Prof. dr. Lutgarde M.C. Buydens, chairwoman C3.
- Prof. dr. ir. Tim van der Hagen, rector magnificus of the TU Delft.
Scientific Advisory Board
Stichting PAC also receives support from a scientific advisory board, which consists of professors from different fields within chemistry, from the universities of Amsterdam, Utrecht and Leiden. Members of this board recommend certain lecturers and help with certain applications for funding. Also, a couple of members will probably be chairmen during the day.
The Scientific Advisory Board for the 24th edition of the PAC-symposium is as follows:
- Dhr. prof. dr. J.N.H. Reek, Universiteit van Amsterdam
- prof. dr. P.E. de Jongh, Universiteit Utrecht
- prof. dr. Ger Pruijn, Radboud Universiteit
- dr. N.I. Martin, Universiteit Utrecht
- dr. M.C. Feiters, Radboud Universiteit
The board of the PAC foundation is formed by students of four participating study associations. But who are they? Below you will find a short introduction about them in alphabetical order.
Amsterdams Chemisch Dispuut (ACD)
ACD has offered fun and support to chemistry students at the Universiteit van Amsterdan (UvA) and the Vrije Universiteit (VU) since 1945. With 343 members, of which one sixth active members, divided over fifteen different commissions, a personal song and their recurring AciD, Amsterdams Chemisch Dispuut stands strong in the dutch capital.
Chemisch Dispuut Leiden (CDL)
As the oldest of the four study associations, CDL was founded in 1926. With many activities, like supporting students or visiting companies, the CDL has a rich history (they even got a time-line on their website). Their students study Molecular Science and Technology, which is a synonym for Chemistry in Leiden. Their periodically newspaper is called Chimica Acta Lugduni.
Utrechtste Scheikundige Studentenvereniging ˈProtonˈ (U.S.S. Proton)
Originated from a collaboration between a book sales programme and a periodical magazine, Proton has stood side by side with chemistry and molecular life sciences students from Utrecht since 1986. The 630 members can enjoy themselves by reading De ˈChemograaphˈ, a total of three ˈProtonˈ songs, and a ton of activities.
Vereniging van ChemieStudenten aan de Vrije Universiteit (VCSVU)
Translated it is called; association of chemistry students at the Vrije Universiteit (Amsterdam). It was founded in 1964 and it supports the chemistry, but now mostly the pharmaceutical science students at the VU. This is because since 2014, chemistry students now go to the other study association in Amsterdam, namely ACD. People stay up-to-date here by reading the ˈPapieren Bindingˈ.