The 27th board of the Stichting PAC is constituted of seven students. The board consists of members from the four participating study associations: U.S.S. Proton, ACD, CDL, VCSVU. This ensures good communication between the study associations, teachers ad students of the different universities. The 27th board consists of:
- Aron Kibbelaar - Chairman (CDL)
- Renate Baarslag - Secretary (U.S.S. Proton)
- Susanne Gooijer - Treasurer (ACD)
- Veerle Hoedemaker - Commissary Acquisition (CDL)
- Nihad Chekrouni - Commissary Location and Logistics (VCSVU)
- Steijn Dubbink - Commissary Speakers (U.S.S. Proton)
- Kornelis Harmannij - Commissary Website and Design (U.S.S. Proton)
Committee of Recommendation
Each year, Stichting PAC is supported by a Committee of Recommendation. Each member of this committee supports the foundation by associating his or her name to the symposium, hence allowing the symposium to enjoy a certain official and trustworthy status.
The Committee of Recommendation for the 27th edition of the PAC-symposium is as follows:
- Prof. dr. Henk Kummeling, rector magnificus of Utrecht University.
- Prof. dr. Floris Rutjes, president KNCV.
- Prof. dr. Emiel J.M. Hensen, chairman NIOK.
- Prof. dr. Hester Bijl, rector magnificus of Leiden University .
- Prof. dr. Ir. Vinod Subramaniam, rector magnificus of Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam.
- Prof. dr. ir. Karen I.J. Maex, rector magnificus of the University of Amsterdam.
- Prof. dr. Eelco T.C. Vogt, Albemarle catalyst company.
- Prof. dr. ir. Wim van Saarloos, president KNAW.
- Drs. Feike Sijbesma, CEO DSM.
- Prof. dr. Lutgarde M.C. Buydens, chairwoman C3.
- Prof. dr. ir. Tim van der Hagen, rector magnificus of Delft University of Technology.
Scientific Advisory Board
Stichting PAC also receives support from a scientific advisory board, which consists of professors from different fields within chemistry. Members of this board recommend certain lecturers and help with certain applications for funding.
The Scientific Advisory Board for the 27th edition of the PAC-symposium is as follows:
- Prof. dr. Lies Bouwman, Leiden University
- Dr. Stefania Grecea, University of Amsterdam
- Prof. dr. Andries Meijerink, Utrecht University
- Prof. dr. Gerrit C. Groenenboom, Radboud Universit
The board of the PAC foundation is formed by students of four participating study associations. Below you will find the study associations listed in alphabetical order with a short introduction.
Amsterdams Chemisch Dispuut (ACD)
ACD has offered fun and support to chemistry students at the Universiteit van Amsterdam (UvA) and the Vrije Universiteit (VU) since 1945. With 512 members, of which one eighth active members, divided over nineteen different commissions, a personal song and their recurring ACiD, Amsterdams Chemisch Dispuut stands strong in the dutch capital.
Chemisch Dispuut Leiden (CDL)
As the oldest of the four study associations, CDL was founded in 1926. With many activities, like supporting students or visiting companies, the CDL has a rich history (they even got a time-line on their website). Their students study Molecular Science and Technology, which is a synonym for Chemistry in Leiden. Their periodically newspaper is called Chimica Acta Lugduni.
Utrechtste Scheikundige Studentenvereniging ˈProtonˈ (U.S.S. Proton)
Originated from a collaboration between a book sales programme and a periodical magazine, Proton has stood side by side with chemistry and molecular life sciences students from Utrecht since 1986. The 630 members can enjoy themselves by reading De ˈChemograaphˈ, a total of three ˈProtonˈ songs, and a ton of activities.
Vereniging van ChemieStudenten aan de Vrije Universiteit (VCSVU)
Translated it is called; association of chemistry students at the Vrije Universiteit (Amsterdam). It was founded in 1964 and it supports the chemistry, but now mostly the pharmaceutical science students at the VU. This is because since 2014, chemistry students now go to the other study association in Amsterdam, namely ACD. People stay up-to-date here by reading the ˈPapieren Bindingˈ.